Richard Stutzman M.D.
Dr. Richard Stutzman is a specialist in cornea and external diseases and his clinical interests include refractive surgery (PRK and LASIK). His research interests include international ophthalmology, ocular trauma and laser refractive surgery.Dr. Stutzman earned his medical degree from Albany Medical College before completing his residency in ophthalmology at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. He continued his training by completing his fellowship in cornea and external diseases at Wilmer Eye Institute.
Dr. Stutzman is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a member of the National Board of Medical Examiners, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the Society of Military Ophthalmologists. A native of New York, Dr. Stutzman is a retired military ophthalmologist who enjoys running, cooking, good food, and outdoor adventure with his family.
- B.S., Siena College, Loudonville New York 1988
- M.D., Albany Medical College, Albany New York 1992
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Internal Medicine (1992 – 1993)
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (1995 – 1998)
- Cornea & External Diseases, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University (2001-2002)
- American Board of Ophthalmology